Friday, November 16, 2018

The Play Frankenstein

The play Frankenstein that our class saw yesterday was quite unique. It was not what I was expecting at all, but I actually enjoyed it a lot. I was not expecting it to be puppetry and it was not like anything I had seen before. It was really cool to me how all of the actors were female and how they had all stayed on the stage the entire time. The costumes were very elaborate and the fact that they did not use any spoken dialogue the entire time was amazing. I have previously read the book and the so the play was not that difficult to follow, it was at first though because there was no dialect but then I caught on. The story of Frankenstein is a beautiful story and it was interesting to learn about Mary Shelley's life. I was glad that I was able to see this type of performance and hopefully I can see something like it in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. When I first found out that it was a puppet show I was skeptical. But then as the show went on I was amazed. You put it so well. Good job Sophia.

    ReplyDelete