Friday, November 2, 2018

My experiences with the VR

While watching the Virtual Reality videos of the refugees, I was really impacted. Unlike watching a movie, having the video be in virtual reality, I was able to get the feeling of being there with them. Having that experience, although I still am not able to feel empathy towards them because I have never experienced the things they have, I was able to feel a sense of compassion that allowed me to connect to their stories. Although I have never had to deal with adversity like the kids in the video, the video had me connecting to there stories on a level more than I would have thought. Having family members around the world, and knowing that they are going through things, that aren't as drastic, it allows me to connect more on an emotional level because of my relationship with my family. Also having seen what my family lives in compared to what I saw in the video, it made me appreciate the things I have and the people in my life because the video brought to light how things can be taken from you out of nowhere and you can't do anything to change that.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your comment about the virtual reality experience being much more impactful than watching a movie. You almost felt as if you were there with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too agree. Virtual reality allows us to put ourselves in the refugees situations in a much more meaningful way than a movie or article. It allows us to empathize with the refugees because it makes you feel as though you are there with the refugees.

    ReplyDelete