Monday, November 19, 2018

Frankenstein Manual Theater Experience

On Thursday, my AP Literature class saw Frankenstein at the University of Chicago Court Theater. The play was fascinating, as there was no sound and a projector screen. The actors used puppets and lighting to create scenes of Frankenstein. Having read the novel Sophomore year, I already knew the plot and was able to easily follow what was going on. I think that this was an especially unique type of show. My favorite part was the puppets because they created amazing images on the screen. There was also music that went along with the story line. This provided another way to portray the story and often times, the music went along with the emotions of the story. This was a fantastic experiences and one of the best field trips that I have taken in high school!

No comments:

Post a Comment