Friday, November 16, 2018

The Frankenstein Experience

When we were told that We were seeing Frankenstein, I pictured just a standard play with actors on a stage, and I've done theater and seen plays, so I thought I knew what I was about to see. The experience of this performance was unlike anything I've ever seen before. When I first walked into the room, I noticed all the different instruments and setups that were on the stage. I was very confused because all this stuff is usually backstage or in the pit, which is where the musicians usually are. The also had a screen pulled down, so I begin to wonder if this was even a play. At first, I wasn't into what was happening, because I was expecting something much different, and it strange to me. However, I begin to look around the whole stage, and I'm watching the actors create this movie for us live, while it's showing on the screen, along with the musicians playing live music for us. Afterwards, might opinion and perspective on the show completely flipped around. It was very cool to be able to watch the actors create this animation/theater/ film project right in front of us, and the fact they were on the stage made it so much more engaging then just watching the screen. Overall I enjoyed it, and it was a good new experience. For those who didn't enjoy it, that's understandable, but everyone should at least respect it, because they put so much work and effort into an idea that many people might consider unorthodox.

No comments:

Post a Comment