Thursday, November 15, 2018

Frankenstein

This performance that we saw today was not what I was expecting.  Walking in I didn't realize that it was going to be with puppetry, I was taken aback for a moment.  However, I continued into it with an open mind, and boy am I glad I did.  I have never seen anything like this before. The music along with the images presented were mesmerizing and I couldn't have enjoyed it more.  It was so cool that every single person in the show was on stage all at the same time, and throughout the whole show. 
In addition to that I wasn't very familiar with the story of Frankenstein so I was interested to see how it would play out.  The beautiful artistry they exemplified in this performance made Frankenstein a very enjoyable story to watch, if it wasn't already.  I think that now I should probably go and read the actual book by Mary Shelley.  I also am so happy to have been opened up to this world of performance and theater.  I can see myself continuing to seek out other performances in a similar style as it was so fun to be apart of.  Overall this field trip was a great day out with classmates and seeing and experiencing new things.

4 comments:

  1. I was also very shocked by the puppets at first. It was something that I had never seen before but I loved how they were able to make the puppets seem so real and fully immerse you into Frankenstein's world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was skeptical of the puppets in the show at first. They looked small, and I couldn't see how they could be used to portray a character. However through camera work and angles, they managed to make the Frankenstein puppet come to life. Even the lights on the ceiling of the theater were portrayed in such a way that they looked like the night sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! You should definitely read the book by Mary Shelley. I read it my sophomore year in English class, and it was a bit of a tough read initially, but I ended the book loving how it questioned the morality of our world and created empathy for society's deemed monstrosities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with this. I was not sure how it was going to turn out at first was was skeptical, but in the end I enjoyed it and am glad i saw it.

    ReplyDelete