Thursday, November 1, 2018

Virtual Reality experience

I feel like before this video that I watched, though it only showed a couple of places, represented more people that have lived migrant experiences than I realized.  I still want to know, today how many people are living in such circumstances. This video gave us a glimpse into the lives of some people in these situations, but I don’t feel like it truly shows how it is for them.  I can’t even begin to imagine what it is like in reality and I want to know what we can do to help people in these situations. Also I found it striking, but not too surprising, that one of the boys in the video said that he hopes to never leave his home again.  As someone with a situation completely different from theirs, I love the idea of leaving home and maybe living somewhere else, this is why it is interesting. On the other hand it is very hard to even try to compare our two lives. After being forced to leave his home because of the conditions, he just wants to stay there and be as long as possible.  I feel like that is touching and I can see where he is coming from in this situation. I hope that none of these kids have to experience anything like that again in their lives.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you point out that the videos for virtual reality gave us a glimpse into migrant experiences, but it doesn't necessarily give us all of the information about their lives. Although, I still think that the virtual reality experience helped me understand what some migrant's lives really look like. I also want to know what we can do in order to help them get out of these situations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the fact that we can see these refugees circumstances but can not fathom the situations that they endure from their standpoint. I definitely want to leave home and start my own life as well but my home is safe. I feel bad when we compare our lives to the refugees because I want to do something, I want to give them what we have here in Oak Park and River Forest.

    ReplyDelete