Thursday, November 15, 2018

Bringing Puppets and Frankenstein to Life

I was really shocked by this play. I was a little skeptical when I first came into the theater because I heard that there would be puppets, and I had never seen or heard of anything like that in a play before. But I ended up loving the play.

The actors were amazing at being able to convey their emotions without actually having any lines. And, the musicians playing the live music were extremely talented and used instruments that I had never seen before to make all of the sound effects. They didn't only make music to help convey emotion, but they used music to make sound effects which made the whole play seem very real. It was something that was extremely compelling and fully immersed you into a new world so that you could discover Mary Shelley's extraordinary life and the original story of Frankenstein. The actors were also able to make the puppets move in a way that made them seem natural and real. They brought all of these puppets to life. You could tell that the actors were all very dedicated to this play, because they must have put countless hours into making all the puppets and props.

It shocked me how all of the actors were able to change slides on the projectors or move puppets at exactly the right time. I liked how we were able to see what all of the actors were doing and the musicians so that the audience could chose what they wanted to look at, and see how they were able to produce those images on the screen in real time. I had never read Frankenstein before, so I enjoyed learning about the original character and how Mary Shelley's life influenced her novel. This play was like no other play I have ever seen before, and I'm happy that I was able to go on this field trip so that I could witness it.

1 comment:

  1. This was also my first time seeing manual cinema. Every part of the show intrigued me, especially the music. I loved how they used instruments that I had never seen before to produce sounds that were more familiar to me.

    ReplyDelete