Friday, November 16, 2018

Frankenstein

Going into the field trip, I didn't know what to expect. When Mr. Heidkamp said that there were puppets in it, I expected them to be incorporated into the performance. However, when we got there I was surprised by the arrangement and found it awesome how they showed the audience the process it took to show what they projected onto the screen. I think it provided a lot to the performance and let the audience appreciate all the work that went into the performance. It showed all the major elements that go into working on a show like this and the art and talent that it takes. The fact that the whole cast was women in such a male dominant play was very powerful as well. A couple years ago I saw a similar show where they used paper puppets about a Persian fairytale. I was amazed by the beauty of the puppets and the art that was put into it. But after seeing Frankenstein, I had a much higher appreciation for the work and all aspects of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment