Friday, November 2, 2018

A VR Experience

This week, my English class and I got the opportunity to check out a video called "The Displaced". It relates back to the book we are reading, Exit West. In the video we got a 360 degree glimpse at what the refugees from different parts of the world are experiencing. The video was extremely eye-opening and made me think about how many people are living their life in fear and danger. I particularly thought that the fact that half of these refugees are children was mind-blowing. I was definitely thankful for all the thinks I take for granted after viewing the VR. The part where the refugees in Africa were all waiting for the volunteers to drop food so that they could eat also sparked a realization how difficult it must be for them to find comfort. I took away from the experience a whole new perspective that opened my mind on the refugee crisis which I will definitely pay more attention to now that I've seen a glimpse of their experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment