Friday, October 7, 2016

The Man in the Ring

My experience viewing the Man in the Ring was not at all what I was expecting it to be. When hearing that we'd be going on a class trip to see a play, I envisioned sitting in a large auditorium and watching a large cast act while sitting in seats far from the stage. When we arrived at the theater, I was pleasantly surprised to be sitting just a few feet from the stage. The small theater and small cast size helped in truly bringing the story to life. Being so close to the actors allowed me to see and understand their many different emotions throughout the play.

My favorite scenes in the play were when both of the Emilies' were on stage, representing present and past actions. These parts were very well done and were often the scenes with the most drama and excitement. The acting was amazing and being able to see the actors emotions made it more special and real. The Old-Emilie's perfomance was incredible. The actor's portrayal of his character and his mental state were on point and full of real despair and grief.

I also loved the music in the Man in the Ring. The raw voices of the actors blended together perfectly and the consistent sing-song tunes brought the play to a whole new level.

Overall I enjoyed The Man in the Ring for its interesting story line and uniqueness. The play was very well done and each and every actor delivered a wonderful performance.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree! I think the director's idea of having both young and old Emile was so original and, though confusing in the beginning, incredibly powerful. Not at all the play I was expecting to see either, but so much better!

    ReplyDelete