Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Stepping through the doors of VR


I believe that this VR experience is a perfect example of a way technology helps us. We get to see what it’s truly like for these people and children every day. I was shocked to hear that a 12-year-old girl wakes up at 4 every morning and goes to a job and picks cucumbers. This girl should be going to school and making friends and having fun, she shouldn’t be out in a hot field picking cucumbers. It just really shows how being a refugee disrupts everyday life. They know they have to survive and try to live a normal life but don’t know where to start. The VR experience was an interesting way to show people what it’s really like to be a refugee. I got to see what they see and hear what happened to them which really makes you feel sympathy for them. I did find the headset quite annoying, the picture was kinda blurry which made the words hard to read, and gave me quite the headache. However, despite that, I found the whole experience a great way to show people the lives of these refugees. You honestly get to see how these wars and conflicts have taken a toll on the innocent civilians. People need to keep in mind that the people who live in these war-torn countries are victims, that they need help.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I believe VR is a great way of showing and telling one's story. Not only does it allow for us to fully grasp the reality they're living in, but the clothes they're wearing, the facilities and their own cleanliness, the pain of doing repetitive movements, etc. VR takes it a step further by allowing us to gather more information than what's obviously stated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too many times I hear that technology limits or distracts from our education. I totally agree with you that the VR experience is a great way to use technology in a way that enhances learning and provides a deeper view into the lives of refugees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, Virtual Reality is a great way to help us step into their lives a bit. Even though I'm not in that bad of a situation, I know what it's like to not have basic needs.

    ReplyDelete