Thursday, October 11, 2018

Justice, Surprisingly ...

In The Stranger, reading part two and the ending of part one was very interesting to me. Growing up where I did, I know the first thing about justice not being served. When Meursault executed the Arab, in my mind I already knew what was next to come. Like in the real world, typically, the white man would get off and be on his way out the door. Yet, surprisingly, the justice was served in the scenario.

Thinking back, this does quite remind me of the trial that went on recently. Very similar situations. In The Stranger, the Arab had a knife but wasn't a threat or didn't intimidate Meursault at the time he decided to shoot. In the Laquan Mcdonald incident, it was told that he had a knife but was so far away from the police officer, Jason Van Dyke, that he was no threat! But he shot him anyway. 16 times. Unfortunately, justice was not served. 

No comments:

Post a Comment