Friday, October 19, 2018

Am I a Stranger?

In the novel, The Stranger the antagonist, Meursault, is referred to as “the” stranger. Meursault is considered a stranger to society. The author, Albert Camus, does not give Meursault the persona of regular and reasonable man. Meursault is a emotionless, nonchalant, and insensitive being who does not have any goals are ambition. Are these characteristics what make Meursault a stranger?

Even though I do not possess the same characteristics as Meursault, I sometimes feel that I am a stranger to society. I sometimes feel left out and  ignorant about subjects that most people understand. I have been an introvert most of life and I have come to accept that. Most of friends know I am an introvert and they accepted it as well. Being to yourself does not make you a stranger.


No comments:

Post a Comment