Sunday, October 15, 2017

Meursault has to be the most annoying and frustrating character I ever had to read about. He never know what he wants. "A minute later she asked me if I loved her. I told her it didn't mean anything but I didn't think so." WHO SAYS THIS?! He barely shows affection to Marie when clearly she is really interesting in him. It's sad she really tries to put the time and effort to entertain him and understand him. He's always blunt when it comes to things he never altar what he has to say. However, it does his honesty reflects his ignorance, suggesting that he does not fully understand fully the emotional stakes in Marie's question.

2 comments:

  1. I think Marie relates to him. I mean why else would she stick around?? Meursault is clearly not ready to be in a relationship, but she sticks around. I think in some way she likes that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Meursault is actually very in tune with what he wants. He disregards he emotions do to what he wants because he is so certain of his beliefs. While its confusing why she still likes him I believe that he knows exactly what he wants.

    ReplyDelete