Monday, December 11, 2017

Loves me Naked

Ella Mai is a young upcoming artist who uses her angelic voice to draw young audiences in. Ella competed in the X factor as apart of  trio and ended up turning a trio into a solo career. Ella Mai has the ability to captivate an audience with her song writing, and she really impressed a lot of people with her recent EP.  She dropped 5 songs on her EP (which were all extremely impressive), but in particular Naked touches me. I've heard a lot of love songs, but this one makes me feel something.
Her chorus begins with this line.
"There's nothing I want more in this world, than somebody who loves me naked."

To be naked, is to be completely bare and open. I think a lot of people are incapable of loving people completely naked, or to be completely naked and to be loved; because that means to be vulnerable and let someone completely in on both sides.

"No matter how hard I try, I still runaway from love at the end of the night."

This line backs up my last statement, but being loved can be just as hard as loving. You want to run away from it, although it can be good for you.

I recommend everyone to listen to this EP, it's extremely personal, which I think is poetry. Poetry is about making an audience feel something, and Naked makes me feel something.

No comments:

Post a Comment