Sunday, December 10, 2017

College Wahoo

On November 28, I completed and turned in all of my college applications! All the stress of making sure everything was organized and perfect was so tremendously draining; now all of that hard work is in the hands of another human being...a terrifying thought.

I watched my three older sisters go through the college process, and it seems the stress student's experience has increased with every year...which is kind of ironic, you would think it would be the other way around! I feel the electronic processes have added some malfunctions and glitches that leave student's in a frantic state, emailing counselors and admissions officers. I had a freak out about my ACT scores being sent out. I had to call and wait for 20 minutes to speak to an ACT representative, then I realized the reason why my scores weren't sending was because I put in a wrong number somewhere, something silly like that.

One thing that is freaking me out is knowing where to go. Yes it depends on where I get accepted and how much money I hopefully will receive, but what about where your heart is telling you to go? My sister's each easily found their perfect college match. I helped moved in and out each sister, for 6 years. Now it is finally my turn to be the one moving in. I have been waiting for this day since fourth grade when I helped my oldest sister Hannah move into her freshmen dorm room at the University of Illinois. Looking back, her room was in pretty poor condition...hopefully that has changed...but as only a nine year old, I recognized the pure happiness on her face. I just hope I am able to find the perfect match financially and physically!

College is a time to grow and develop your character and knowledge. A time for new and exciting experiences. To meet new people from all across the country and world, and form lasting relationships. The happiness on Hannah's face is something I cannot wait to enjoy. I am beyond ready for college.

No comments:

Post a Comment