Sunday, December 6, 2015

Who do I Believe?

I'd like to start off by saying that I'm not trying to downplay any events in the news, nor am I taking sides on any issue in particular. That being said, I try to stay informed and up to date with current events portrayed in the media. The problem I have is how they are portrayed in the media. The media quickly makes conclusions based on the facts at hands, as they should, in order to report news quickly. Far too often, the media does not portray events accurately or in enough detail. It has come to the point where I don't know who to believe. I find myself second guessing everyone and thinking of how else things could have happened. In this sense, the media is useless.  I am appalled that the news simply does not have time to go through every killing and/or wrongful death that occurs, and that occasionally the news plays into and perhaps fuels stereotypes and generalizations. For these reasons I'm starting to hate the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment