Thursday, October 15, 2015

The Secret Sharer vs. Heart of Darkness

In my opinion, I think that Heart of Darkness is a lot easier to read than The Secret Sharer. I did not see much of a plot in The Secret Sharer, but in Heart of Darkness I see more of a story line.

I also like the way that in Heart of Darkness, it is easier to follow. The way that Marlowe tells his story is very interesting, and I think that some of it is almost humorous, especially in the way that he describes the doctor measuring his head. I also like the fact that Heart of Darkness deals with more interesting issues, like imperialism and the Congo. While reading The Secret Sharer, I was very uninterested and I think that really affected the effect the book had on me. I did not see as much importance of the story as I see in Heart of Darkness. Heart of Darkness is so much more dense and easier to read, but a bit harder to understand in a way. Personally, I am interested and excited to finish this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment