Thursday, October 1, 2015

Happiness on the Road to Death


During his epiphany before his execution, Meursault finally understands his lack of concern for his life. He thinks ¨..I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself-so like a brother...¨ (122). Meursault’s realization that he had an indifference to the world allowed him to come to peace with dying. I think this quote explains the reason behind Meursault’s actions during the novel. Meursault has found happiness in his life and finds happiness in his death, I think this is the perfect way to leave the world.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree Maya. Mersault always seemed to have a sad attitude. He came to realization about life and can now die happy knowing the true meaning of life.

    ReplyDelete