Friday, April 20, 2018

The first example of modern Romanticism I could think of is the movie Boyhood. I saw the movie with my family when it came out, in 2014, and I thought it was an interesting idea, but a little drawn out, which made it super boring. However, the movie was based on a simplicity, following an experience that every human being has, and turning it into long, long movie. 

Personally, I dont think Romanticism is something that will ever go away, because people will always be motivated and extremely inspired by nature, and the small things in life. Boyhood is not the only Romantic movie I've seen. 

This year, I saw Lady Bird with my family. Similarly to BoyhoodLady Bird is a movie that expresses a common experience in a beautiful way, I cried the entire movie. I could go on an on about movies, and songs in today's culture that are truly Romantic, and that move people because they can relate. Romanticism is still alive today, because people can relate to it, and continue to feel inspired by the things that inspired the Romantics. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree that Romanticism will not go away because people will always be inspired by nature, however I believe that the number of people that are will decrease due to the prevalence of technology. I think that Boyhood is a brilliant example of Romanticism though.

    ReplyDelete