Thursday, April 19, 2018

Romanticism

Recently, I have discovered a love for walking in nature. The serenity that nature offers is unparalleled. I can identity with the poets of the Romanticism era because I, too, understand how they sought their escape and self-expression through nature. When I am surrounded by nature, I feel content to the point where my worries are gotten. It is easy for individualism to thrive when one is surrounded by solely nature because there are less pressures present than in the unnatural world. Similarly, simply being around nature conveys a vibe of naturalness, purity, and solidarity. A couple weeks ago, my friend and I visited our college campus and made a stop at the state park nearby. It was a cooler day when we went, and there was a dusting of snow as well as more coming down. We spent hours observing and soaking up the ambiance the park had to offer. Almost immediately as I entered, I felt a different vibe. Being surrounded by towering, beautiful trees is hard to acutely describe, but it definitely inspires romanticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment