Wednesday, November 9, 2016

The Description

"And you are not the guy and still you fit the description because there is only one guy who is always the guy fitting the description" (105).

In Oak Park I have never experienced or witnessed an occurrence like this, but I am less susceptible because I do not fit the description. In other places in America situations like this are a common occurrence. In rural areas police are free to abuse their power, and because they were raised in a racist system they believe it is okay to use their power in a racist way. 

America needs to do something about this problem. A racist way of thinking has been acceptable in America for too long. No baby is born racist, but their parents and environments shape them. Eventually I hope to eliminate this primitive way of thinking.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. Too many black men in this country are picked up off of the street because they 'fit the description.' Cops figure that since he is a black male, he had to of done this crime. It is simply not fair. I have heard of far too many cases such as this. A change needs to happen, and it needs to happen fast.

    ReplyDelete