Sunday, November 15, 2015

The Process of Getting to College

College is something I have always looked forward to. My childhood has been phenomenal and I enjoy high school. However, ever since I was little, the thought of college and being on my own is exciting to me. Figuring out where you want to go is an interesting process, but it's also stressful.

There are some things that I don't agree with in the college application process, specifically standardized testing. Obviously you have to do well in the classroom and have good grades. But an ACT score doesn't define who you are. Rather, a four year reflection and a GPA proves a lot more in my opinion. A score you got on an ACT on a Saturday morning doesn't show your work ethic or how you are as an individual. In college and beyond, how you treat people and how willing you are to put the work in will take you much farther than a score you got on a standardized test. I feel more students should be able to have the opportunity to go to the school they desire especially if they're a hardworking student. In the end, no matter where you end up, you can find success anywhere as long as you put yourself out there and get involved. Because of this, I try not to get stressed about where I go. I just focus on finding the fit for me.

Oh yeah and another thing, the price of college. I'm not going to get into that.

No comments:

Post a Comment