Sunday, November 15, 2015

Accepted vs Denied

Throughout the application process, many people have told me, and I assume everyone else, that whether you are accepted or denied, it is not a reflection of you as a person or your abilities. I do not completely agree with this outlook. If you put everything you have into the application process and are not accepted into the school of your dreams then 90% of the time that means that someone else beat you. Is this a bad thing? Sort of. Yes it means that there are people out there that are better than you, but that is not a bad thing. Unless you are the best in the world at something, someone will always be better than you, and that's ok. It doesn't mean you're bad or that you're inferior to those who did get in, it means that on paper the others looked like better investments. If you do get into the school of your dreams, you should feel very good because the school of your dreams is also the school of other's dreams. No matter where anyone decides to go to school, I believe that they will be happy there.

3 comments:

  1. I really like this outlook on college admissions. It sucks to get denied from your dream school, but I agree that anybody can be happy at almost any school they go to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your thoughts on the college admissions process. I think what some students need to understand is that their way to success isn't the mainstream way to success. There are all different ways to success and getting into a dream college isn't always the way to do it. I agree with you, we will end up in the right place in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I like your positive outlook on the college process. I think we should feel good about ourselves no matter what, even if we aren't accepted to the most prestigious college. It's always good to remember that quality education can be found in more than one place.

    ReplyDelete