Sunday, September 27, 2015

My Meaning of Life

To me it doesn't matter which side of the board you fall on, agreeing with the "illusions of life" or existentialism, I think everyone is seeking happiness. Some people find comfort in religion or love or relationships whereas others might find it in trying to be their own person, free of the social constructs that "plague" everyone. Some people simply don't think about the negative aspects of life only focusing on the positive. To me none of this matters as long as you're happy. There is not a correct side of the board. There is no correct outlook on life. There is no correct meaning of life. The way to rate any of these is how they work for each individual and how happy they make you.

I believe that the universe is random, that pain and suffering come to people in no particular order. In other words the world is absurd and no one can do anything about it. Also everyone is going to die someday and one day there won't be anyone to care. So what. Worrying about it won't make a difference. The way I see it I have the option to do what I want and be happy in the context of my own life so i choose to. While this outlook satisfies me i understand that others will disagree and I think they should if it make them happy. In other words "you do you."

4 comments:

  1. I agree. You can reflect however much you want on the nature of purpose of life, but ultimately everyone's goal is to just be happy, whether of not it's a realistic or unrealistic achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. You can reflect however much you want on the nature of purpose of life, but ultimately everyone's goal is to just be happy, whether of not it's a realistic or unrealistic achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree. As long as you are happy, what does it matter what you believe or don't believe in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a validating perspective, Matt! When we over analyze the reason for life, it's excused because it is a huge and important topic, but over analyzing anything can be unhealthy. It takes a lot of strength to focus on happiness in a world with so much negativity. It's not naive or lazy to let go of the search for purpose, I think it shows resilience.

    ReplyDelete