Monday, September 28, 2015

Existentialism

With all the conversations of existentialism, I found myself honestly quite confused as to what I thought about life, and even what I thought about The Stranger.  Some things had made sense to me, like how we have systems that were once created by other people, and that try to disguise themselves so they don't seem like a system.  And I even realized that I had been fooled by these systems.  Dreams and goals that I had set for myself or thought about often were influenced by these systems that we step into when we join society.  Even though I do understand that, I think that there is a reason that these systems are there and why we think they are so important.  They give a meaning to life that some people honestly need to help them get through situations that otherwise felt too much for them to handle.  I can relate with that as well, so this talk that these systems are an illusion put before us made me a little angry and uncomfortable.  I was almost in denial with this information, but once I thought about more I understood why some people could think that way, and I realized that it was fine that I didn't agree. Although I saw some logic in it, I just cannot agree with all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment