Friday, December 16, 2016

Don't Bury Me Alive

The song I chose is "Buried Alive" by Logic. He is an up and coming rapper who is highly underrated. I picked this song because I have been listening to it a lot lately as I'm preparing for college and preparing for baseball season.
In my eyes this song is poetry because it shows how people never wanted to give him a chance. How his work and effort put into his music career has not been easy and people always would push him down. The song is called "Buried Alive" and it;s metaphor is that people deny his dream and "bury him alive" instead of hearing him out and giving him a chance. His message was how you have to get back up and keep working for your dream. If you have a vision see it and not put it away in the back of your mind. Also part of his message is you can achieve anything you dream in life and to never give up. This is also poetry to me because it speaks in multidimensional language and it has a rhythmic pattern to it.
This song is really inspirational to me and I hope people can see a new version of modern day rap.

3 comments:

  1. I like how this song helps you deal with stress from baseball and college.It seems that many things he is going through in the song you are also going through and making those types of comparisons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music that encourages me to believe I can do anything is the best type of music. I find that music in rock type music, but it is cool that it is found in rap as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you explained a personal connection to the song while also explaining the hidden poetry in the song.

    ReplyDelete