Thursday, December 15, 2016

Angel Zoo

Oh, I don't wanna think about the world
Cause I've been dreaming for a while, oh 
I settle with the butterflies, no 
The night is going out of style, oh 
Since I can't forget 
Why I went for red, oh 
Why don't we just make it now 
No, ain't no need to wait it 

Angel Zoo by Phlake seems to be a song about a man who is in love with someone but takes it very casually. I like this form of love because I think it relates to young adult love, it's something you should take casually and is simple. I think this song is about young love because the line "I settle with the butterflies, no" is similar to the feeling of having butterflies in your stomach. Experiencing butterflies is something that is related to falling in love for the first time. A line about young love being casual is "Why don't we just make it now". I feel as if this line helps the listener understand that the love the singer is feeling is something that is relaxed and something that he does not feel he needs to work for.  The use of "oh" and "no" help the song come together rhythmically. It makes this stanza come together with the rest of the song as well as have each line rhyme in some sort of way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment