Monday, March 12, 2018

Fast, Unique, Brilliant- Accepted Student Post

Congratulations, you’ve been accepted to a college! Your hard work paid off, the stress has past, and now you can sit back and relax. Right? Not quite. There’s still one vital aspect of the “college experience” that you have to prepare for- your roommate. Luckily, the incredible invention that is the internet has made the roommate search process incredibly easy. Practically every college has what is known as an “Accepted Students Facebook Page,” where students can post pictures and biographies to capture the attention of future classmates. Unfortunately, with hundreds of students posting everyday, it can be hard to craft a post that will capture the attention of your scrolling audience. Fortunately, most students have evidently mastered the ability of unique bios and pics For an easy to use, original, eye-catching template that will resemble none of the other students whatsoever, follow this form:




Instructions: Blanks should be filled in with appropriate descriptors, while options in parenthesis can be circled to indicate which wording or activities you prefer.

Hi Guys (!!!!! / !!!)My name is ______________(Name), but I go by__________ (nickname that literally has nothing to do with your name)! I go to ___________ (your high school), which is like ______(driving time to the college from your city) minutes from_________(name of college whose page you are on). Like (many / most / all) of you, I am looking for a roommate- or even just some friends before I start at the University. I am going in as (Undecided / a Psychology major / a Business major), but honestly, who knows what I’m going to stick with!  

In terms of a roommate, I am hoping to find someone who would be a great study partner but who’s also (down to / ready for / psyched for) partying and adventures. School is definitely my (first priority / major priority / primary focus) for me, but I really love going out and having fun! I will (probably / definitely) be rushing (#KappaKappaGamma / #SigmaChi), I’m (super pumped / ecstatic) to go to all the sports games and support the_________(mascot of the college whose page you’re on) and tailgate!

Some other (fun / random / interesting) facts about me:

-I was involved with (Pick two: Field Hockey, Soccer, Football, Track, Cheer team, NHS, Model UN, Student Council, Freshman Mentoring, Orchestra, Yearbook Committee)

-My favorite TV shows are (Pick three: Grey’s Anatomy, Parks and Rec, The Office, Hawaii Five-0, Riverdale, Stranger Things, The Bachelor, Friends, Twin Peaks)

-My favorite artists are (Pick two: Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, Imagine Dragons, Lumineers, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Beyonce, Foo Fighters, Green Day)

-I (love / enjoy)  working out but I’m definitely going to need someone to (motivate me / drag me to the gym). Also, I refuse to run.

That’s all I can think of! If you think we’d be a good match for roommates- or even just friends- add me on insta or sc, cuz I really don’t know how to work facebook (SC:_____________, Insta:__________) (!!!!!/ !!!)

To make your post exceptionally noticeable, attach a few photos that will stand out among the crowd

Photo One: You at the beach with friends, with (Pick two: Floppy hat, oversized sunglasses, bikini, Hawaiian swim trunks, bright towel, flowy cover-up, polaroid camera)

Photo Two: Senior picture with awkward lighting and the logo of the photo company placed (over your face / your shirt)

Photo Three: You at a sporting event participating in a (Camo / Hawaiian) dress up day

Photo Four: You with your (golden retriever / golden labradoodle / tiny rat-dog)

With this innovative template, your post is fail-proof! You will not only get tons of responses from people who are utterly compatible with you, you will also find your forever group of friends that you will remain close with not just throughout the four years of university, but for the many decades that will follow. Stay unique!  

No comments:

Post a Comment