Thursday, September 3, 2015

Treatment in Spiderhead

I thought the story Escape from Spiderhead was interesting to say the least. I was definitely really confused while first reading it, and because of that it was hard for me to get into the story at first. After started to understand what was going on, I really enjoyed the story.
I know Spiderhead was supposed to be an alternative prison, but I thought it was extremely inhumane. Just because the people who were in Spiderhead had done horrific things in their past, does not make it o.k. for Abnesti to use them as materials in his "experiments." I don't think Spiderhead is any better than prison. Even though Jeff and his peers have to say "acknowledge" after Abnesti tells them to do something, there is certainly not a mutual realtionship between the prisoners of Spiderhead and Abnesti.


2 comments:

  1. I completely agree about Spiderhead being just as bad as a prison. It may even be considered worse. Abnesti is completely using these people as objects for his science experiment. The prisoners have to consent by saying "acknowledge" to things they are commanded to do, but yet there is a drug in there MobiPak that makes them obedient. I think it is contradictory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the prison thing. It's definitely weird that anyone would choose going to this place over going to prison! I guess it makes you think, they probably advertised it as very different as it actually is? You know, "Come here and you'll get to sleep in a nice place and get good food and all you have to do is take weird chemicals sometimes and tell us how you feel!"

    ReplyDelete