Thursday, November 9, 2017

The Struggles Of College Applications

        For many, the first semester of senior year is a stressful one. Applying to colleges is a long and stressful process, often taking months to prepare and properly execute. Personally I have only applied to one college for early action, Indiana University. My current plan is to wait for the response from Indiana University regarding my admission status, if admitted, I will attend, but if I am denied I will send out my applications to other schools. My backup schools are University of Iowa, Iowa State University, University of Illinois, University of Wisconsin, and The Ohio State University. I have visited Indiana University, University of Illinois, University of Wisconsin, Iowa State University, and The Ohio State University, and out of all those schools, I liked IU the best. Its campus felt welcoming and warm. The people there that I met were very friendly, and the town of Bloomington is a great college town, with the restaurants there serving food from over 15 different countries, including Turkey, Israel, and India.
       The process of applying to my favorite school was stressful due to the fact that I know that I have one shot of being accepted. I made sure my application was perfect, and that my writing, including the supplement, were professional and accurately reflect my personality. I am glad to have this part of my life behind me, and I nervously await their response.

3 comments:

  1. This semester of senior year is certainly stressful. Pressing that submission button is nerve racking. I wonder, though, will it be more stressful opening the email that tells us if we are accepted or denied? I guess we can only find out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that this is an extremely stressful time. I personally feel so worried about my own applications and wish they could be perfect too. I hope we both get into our top schools!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I am snapping right now so much! I think everyone feels actually the same way! It is so relieving to see someone express their feelings out on a blog like this! I thank you so much for this. Best of luck to you during this process!

    ReplyDelete