Saturday, November 3, 2018

Experiences Through Virtual Reality

This week in English class, our teacher brought us to the maker space where we have 3D lenses. We were given videos about refugees to watch and when view a virtual reality video, it showed me and my peers, a glimpse of what was really happening in the world. It was a big eye opening moment when the children spoke of how much they lost, who they lost, and the destruction the viewer could see in the video. As I looked around the scene and read the captions, I was told that half of the refugees were children and the video only showed the story of three of them. After this video it made me so much more thankful for what I have and my safety. In one part of the video we are shown refugees waiting for a plane to fly by and drop bags of food for them, it made me extremely grateful that I had a roof over my head, food in my kitchen, my parents with me, and my family healthy.  It made me truly realize what was going on with the refugees and the news about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment